The Data Availability Service does 2 things:
- It connects you to CoinMarketCap Pro API in real-time and for unlimited requests. All of their listed coins price and other data point can be accessed as soon as they get published on their site and API.
- It improves the refresh interval by over 60 times. You move from a 1 hour refresh interval on the free plan, to a sub-1-minute average refresh interval.
Additional benefits include priority exchange integration upon request, and priority support by email. See here for more information.
How to Setup Your API Key
Once subscribed, here is how to configure the add-on:
- Open a sheet where CRYPTOFINANCE is activated (see step 5 here if you’re unsure).
- Go to > >
- Paste your API key in the box and click
- Refresh the cells calling
- Select cells calling
CRYPTOFINANCE, hit Delete key, wait 3sec, and then undo the delete with Cmd+Z. If you’re on Windows use the Ctrl key instead of Cmd.
- Select cells calling
- All your function calls are now being forwarded to the Data Availability Proxy API.
Supported Function Calls
Full Listings Exclusive to the Data Availability Plan
- Poloniex (only available under this service):
- IDEX (only available under this service):
You can return the CoinMarketCap full listing in any other FIAT currencies or BTC, ETH, NEO and BCH. Price, volume and marketcap will get converted as well. Just set the currency you want as a second argument of the function call:
Other full listing available will work like before, only their format will all be consistent with each other. This allows you to “swap” your exchange data without having to rewrite all your data cells refences.
Regular calls like
=CRYPTOFINANCE("BTC/USD") are also all supported by the Data Availability Service. You are not subject anymore to the free plan of 50 calls per day.
All fiat quote currencies are available: AUD, BRL, CAD, CHF, CLP, CNY, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, JPY, KRW, MXN, MYR, NOK, NZD, PHP, PKR, PLN, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, TWD, USD, ZAR.
BTC, ETH, BCH and NEO are also available as quote currency.
Other exchanges call will work as before, the switch to this Proxy plan will be transparent. The data will be fetched from the Proxy API ensuring you avoid any exchange API ban or chang.
Global Macro Stats
- Total coin market cap:
- Total 24h volume:
- Bitcoin percentage of market cap:
Most issues at first are just a refresh issue. Google Sheets is still running an old version of the add-on code and doesn’t see your API Key setup.
You can force Google Sheets to refresh the code and re-do the API calls in 3 different ways:
- The best way remains to setup the manual refresh trigger, see here for more info.
- Editing a cell forces a refresh, so you can change the formula call, and revert back to the original syntax.
- If all this still doesn’t work, go to
Make a copy.... Open this new copy file, activate the add-on and refresh the function calls.
If you’re still having issue, just reply to the email your received with the API details. We’ll help you out.