The Historical Data Plan extends its free version in 2 ways:
- It offers unlimited calls
- Full historical listing per market is available
How to Setup Your API Key
Once subscribed, here is how to configure the add-on:
- Open a sheet where CRYPTOFINANCE is activated (see step 5 here if you’re unsure).
- Go to > >
- Paste your API key in the box and click
- Done! You now have unlimited call and the
Supported Function Calls
You also have access to the
price_history feature, to return for a given market its full OHLCV data history. Use it like this:
This will return a full sheet of data with the following columns:
- Base currency
- Quota Currency
- Human Readable Timestamp
- Open Price
- High Price
- Low Price
- Close Price
- Volume (in quote currency)
- Volume (in base currency)
By default 1 year of historical data is returned. You can change this with the following values:
Y stands for year,
M for months, and
D for days.
Example to pull the last month OHLCV data for
ETH/BTC market on Binance:
=CRYPTOFINANCE("BINANCE:ETH/BTC", "price_history", "1M")
Most issues at first are just a refresh issue. Google Sheets is still returning data from its internal cache.
You can force a refresh by editing a function call. Or just deleting cells, waiting ~3 seconds and then undo-ing the deletion (with Cmd+Z, or via> menu).
If you still have an issue:
- Ensure the add-on is activated and your API key is set and showed to be valid.
- If you see an
#ERRORmessage, put the mouse cursor over the erroneous cell, the error message will provide more context.
If you’re still having issue, contact our support at [email protected] with your API key and the function syntax you’re using. We’ll help you fix the problem.